But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Cross

Father, I look at the cross before me
And it looks right back at me.
I ask if it could speak
what would it say to me.
The cross utters not a word
but stands as still as still can be.
So i kneel before the cross
and feel the pain in me.
And then I look at the cross again
It feels the same pain as me.
Then I gaze upon my chest
and see the little cross I wear.
Yet I'd never asked this little cross
if it could speak to me.
I think of all the days that passed
how pious they could be.
And now it's time for me to ask
what will the cross do for me.

Life is unpredictable. And yet life is so precious. When something tragic happens, where do we find the strength to cope with it? To rebuild our lives or even our faith? Really, if you think deeply, God is the only source of strength. Only God can give us the underlying strength to live our lives again as before.

No comments: