But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Friday, December 28, 2007

Day One - Dispense A Dream 07

THIS IS THE DAY...

This day was a weird day. I remembered myself feeling incredibly unbelievable and absurd because i was really on my way to India! I have never expected myself to be involved in any expedition project, and the most ridiculous of all is that i am actually going to INDIA!

Me and mindy were the first to arrive at the changi airport. The flight took off at 755am and checking in as a group was really a chore. Was very busy before checking in because i had to distribute the masking tapes and pens around to make sure that all the luggages were properly labeled, and we sealed the boxes a couple of times just to make sure that the boxes would not break when they reached Bangalore. (I was informed that the people at the airport love throwing luggages and boxes). Was quite worried because the baggage as a team might be above the stated limit, but heng~ah.First time being logistic i/s was quite fun, and i am really thankful because every member in my logistic cell is very helpful and nice :D

I did not sit with Mindy on the plane. It's really God's plan, i was arranged to sit with 2 fellas whom i barely talked to before the India trip. But God really did wonders, we turned out to be good friends after 16 days in India :)


From left: Me, Zhi Yuan (he became my secret pal :), Edwin (aka brudder by ME :D )



We didn't talk much, partially owing to the fact that we din know each other well enough, partially also because of me, my mood was heavy then, and i was feeling quite troubled. I prayed a lot during this 4 hour, i prayed that i could see His love in every of my encounters, i prayed that i could heal after this 16 days, and i prayed that i could be a blessing to the people around me in the coming 16 days, and most importantly, i prayed that my heavy heart would not impede me from doing things that i should during my stay in India, nor bringing troubles to my team-mates. As i think back now, I really am thankful because God is a faithful God. He truly guided me along the way, and He made me truly enjoyed my 16 days in India.




Touching down..

We reached Bangalore 4 hours later. And Bangalore is really a very different place --> congested traffic, shoeless pedestrians, people pee-ing at the roadside like no one's business, and the roads are very rocky.


Bangalore - airport


Me and Mindy outside Bangalore airport





Lunch at Tumkur city


At MG road, shopping for pots and pans, and logistics items for the team.


Supermarket


Reaching Bukka Patna village




Villagers waiting for our arrival


The kids liked people taking photos of them.
Favorite question during our stay in the village --> "What is your name?"
"Kuang Kai, what's your name?"
"Ching, what's your name?"
Obviously, they didnt know what it means. Haha.


He kept saying "Singapore delegates and Malaysia delegate... " so -_-


This is where we slept for the past 14 days :)

No comments: