But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Thursday, July 2, 2009

3 weeks into pre-reg...

COming to the end of my 3rd week in outpatient pharmacy.

I like outpatient pharmacy, not sure if OP likes me too. Time passes very quickly when you're in OP, esp unknowingly, you have seen 500+ prescriptions pushing out to the counter to be dispensed. I remembered first week at OP, my legs were like detached from my body at the end of the day, I practically can no longer FEEL the presence of my legs.

Try standing from 8+ am to 6pm with only ard 45 mins of sitting time in between.
Perhaps you'll like the utter numbness.
Plus the shoes - they're killing me.

Second week in OP - I think the legs weariness was no longer that severe.

Now that I'm in OP for 3 weeks already, I can proudly say that I've developed tolerance to long hours of standing. Sometimes you won't even realize that you've been standing for so long. And thank God, I am adapting already.

I like doing counter 1. You get to see all patients coming to the pharmacy, cos you're to issue them a Q no, and answer their queries. And I always see the carebear at the end of the shelves. Come to my pharmacy and you'll see a whole shelf of Carebear! So cute - and I bought 2 in just 1 week - one cos is yt's bdae, one is cos HL's getting for her bf - aww so sweet :D

Nonetheless, the longer I spent in OP - the more i realize how stupid and useless I am.
Some days, I felt really sad because of my slowness in learning certain kills, I actually clogged up the workflow in the pharmacy. I feel so stupid and useless :( Worse still, I have my comfort food at the end of the day - Mc Donalds, to relieve my sense of incompetency.

Today, I actually am very happy cos I typed more than yesterday - and slightly faster than yesterday. Maybe I should stay back after working hours to familiarize with the shortcuts etc then I won't be so slow anymore!

Give me time.
And God, I'm so thankful that the people in OP are very considerate and tolerant to me. I can't ask for more!

I stayed back on Tuesday just to learn about the creams and ointment.
Finally I decided that I must put a stop to this many feeling of stupidity and start doing something. Anything. But I also realize that I'm a slow learner - 2 hours and I only managed to know the availability and the potencies of the creams - and their roles in treatment. But nvm, I'll try harder next time!

Ask me about creams/ ointments. Anything! I will answer to the best I can, and if I cannot, I will find the answer out, I promise.

I need to stop thinking and start doing SOMETHING!

No comments: