But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mustard Seed

How did you spend your Sunday?

Today is the Thanksgiving day of our church. We are established for almost 10 years now. Looking back, I realized that God has been really purposeful in crafting all my endeavours the day I stepped onto this little Red Dot. Suddenly being reminded of one of the bible verses "You are wonderfully and fearfully made" and that He knows you when you're in your mother's womb. Such is the depth and completeness of God's love for me. From knowing Him, to resisting Him, to returning to Him, and to walking with Him.. all of a sudden, I realize that God's writing our love story too. Was watching the Remnant Conference video clip made this afternoon and it brought back so much fond memories. 

Would like to ask you a question - do you often fear the risks that the Lord calls you to take?

I have a little of "that fear" infiltrating my life at times. I know that God has called me for a good cause, and has stored up a whole lot of wonderful treasures awaiting me to uncover and made them mine. But many times, because the good cause that He has called me to do seem to be "a little more holy than who I am", I struggled a lot, and became fearful that I may actually fall short of His glory and expectations. 

So I keep evading until one day, God's voice grew a little clearer, and said I have to stop escaping. Don't know why, that day, somehow the inner strength in me has also grown and I responded "Yes Lord, show me and teach me how".

Don't know why I'm sharing this here, but I really want to tell you that when God calls us to step out in faith, it’s always in the context of growing our relationship with Him. The Lord has compassion on us when we struggle with belief, and He works through our choice to come to Him as we are. 

The Lord doesn’t work in our lives just to see us exercise faith. Above all, He wants us to come face to face with Him and receive His love. 

Don't be blinded by your own limitations and things in life that you can no longer see how unlimited His love is. Pray and listen to Him. Even when you faith is as small as a mustard seed,  God can work miracles through the smallest act of faith. 





No comments: