But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Duke Dream

I had biotech test today, and it was quite bad. But i really tried hard. Really hard. I think what ever the result might be, i will be satisfied.

Had a big box of donuts from the Donut Factory hanging at my door when i got back. The truth is, i've never bought a box of 12 donuts before in my entire life so far thus i was quite shocked. So my lunch, dinner this weekend gonna be donuts haha. Thanks anyway.

Supposedly, i would have 2 more hours before test to do a quick revision. But coincidentally, the DUKE-NUS Medical school was holding the admission seminar during that 2 hours break and i have always wanted to know more about this graduate school. Had the notes in front of me throughout the 2 hours, but my ears were very glued to what the speaker was talking about.

I love the Duke University i saw from the presentation.

It means that i have to do an additional 4 year course to get my Medical Degree. I strongly believe that a synergistic collaboration of medical and pharmacological knowledge can do great wonders to patient, and to the health care profession. In Singapore, the pharmacists were given insufficient rights when it comes to drug therapy because sometimes doctors are too comfortable with their own "regimen style" and it hurts their feelings if the pharmacists let them know that there's better dosage and better drug that can give greater benefits to the patient and less toil on the patients in terms of money and time than what they prescibe. Sometimes, if you were the one to diagnose and carve out a drug regimen for your patient, it would be much easier and efficient.

So now it boils down to one question.
Trust Your Gut Or No?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.

tanoshi said...

ching.. jiayou ah! if you really go to duke, i will support u all the way! =)