But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Running my own Race




Hello :) How have you been? I feel weird lately - I kept having people saying sorry to me.

Not sure what "sorry" means to you, but if it is possible, how I wish I can be not "sorried".

Back to the title of today's post - running my own race!

Signed up for SAFRA/AHM run with a few people. But it eventually turned out that I have to run alone because of "sorries". Suddenly I remembered what Linda kept telling me that very Thursday. She spent the whole night lecturing me on loving myself, and stop distributing my all to others and leaving none to myself --> I kept asking her why she always praises me. Linda, if you're reading this, I just wanted to say Thank you. You really made me feel as if I'm the best person on earth! silly ger :) Hugs :)

Yea, so in the end, I have no partner to run the race with. When I thought I could be partner(s) to some others, but life always has its never-ending challenges for me. Didn't blame any of you - really, I know the work loads, I know that you sister demands etc... I am glad that zee reminded me that this is a race which I could run on my own.

You know, suddenly I am being reminded of Fireproof's "You never leave your partner". But ironically, despite me being a faithful follower of God, often I'm the one being left behind - by loved ones, by friends etc... I am not lamenting about my life, I just am amazed how God has used every single thing/people/ stuff in my life to ensure me to be able to walk my life with Him, albeit this is "lonely" in many's eyes.

When I realized that God will be with me throughout the race, I am deeply comforted. And zee also encouraged me a lot. SP, thank you :)

The most I've run was 5km. But I'm sure I can complete my 21km run, as long as I keep moving forward - be it walking or running or running in very baby steps.

And so I went for the race.
And I enjoyed the race - because I have God, the music, the sceneries, and I know sp was waiting for me at the finishing line. :)

To me it's my very first 21km marathon.
Completed within 3 hours (i think I should minus another 10 mins for going to the toilet).
It's not just a normal marathon to me.
I know God is teaching me a huge life lesson.

I have my first medal!
21km finisher :)

First time me and sp joining the same marathon. Thank you so so much :)

*something is wrong with blogspot --> can't post photo! Somehow I got a feeling that it's due to my computer --> it's failing me! HELP NEEDED! *

1 comment:

- said...

ADD OIL! I am sure you can do it!:)

p/s: Try using Window Live Writer. It's so much easier and WAY BETTERRRR:):)