But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fireproof Again

I just finished watching Fireproof on HBO. This is my 4th time watching this movie. Surprisingly, I am not at least disinterested or bored despite watching it so many times. Each time the movie touches me differently, or changes a subtle thing in me towards another direction.

I think I can remember almost all conversations in the movie already. It feels weird sometimes to re-watch a movie when you know what are they gonna say the next minute. I must say the actors and actresses in the Fireproof movie are amateurs. Not professionals definitely, but I really appreciate the teachings and messages conveyed through this movie.

I first watched this movie when I was waiting at the Perth Airport. That time, only God knew how troubled and emotionally shaken I were. I used to be always wanting for certain outcomes. People always say what they want to see is the end-product, the outcomes! Often, we want good results. That's the outcome that we yearn for. We want good marriages - that's another outcome that we hope to attain. We want good life - another outcome.

But over the past few years, God has taught me a lot about it's NOT all about outcomes.

If I look into the core of my being, the bottom of my heart, I must humbly admit that I do wish for good outcome too, for certain things at least. Sometimes, I feel as if God is playing a big game with me. Things that I do not wish to have good outcomes turn out the other way round. Yet the things that I wish so badly to have the GOOD outcomes I dreamed about didn't turn out to be so.

But now I realize why the good outcomes didn't come. I had under-looked my process. Each process there's a You in it, each outcome has Your grace in it too. Now that I think about it - No regrets. At least I recall the processes of the not-so-good outcomes and the oh-too-good outcomes. And I also remember that nothing fosters courage like a clear grasp of grace.

Bleah, where were I? Randomness again. Anyways, back to fireproof - it's really a nice movie :)

I first blogged about it in May 2009 when I was in Perth. There's this song (While I'm waiting) in the movie that really touched me a lot.

It's now May 2010..
I think I have at least fireproof-ed myself :)


No comments: