But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Running Inspiration :)

Hello world, how are you?

Lately, I feel that I am aging. I get tired easily, feel sleepy easily and get lazy easily too. And I realized that I haven't been exercising regularly.

I did a lot of sports when I was in university but I didn't feel sleepy easily during the lectures. And I could stay up late to finish many many tasks - be it school or non-school related. I then noticed that it's these running/ touch rugby then had unknowingly transformed into a kind of constant infusion of adrenaline, sustaining me through my study years.

But ever since I started working, I exercise less.

I always counsel my patients who have diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol to exercise because it is one of the ways to reduce their risk factors of developing more complications. How much should they exercise? Studies said exercise 3 times a week, each time more than 1/2 an hour. It's easier said than done - TRUE!















They often say it is difficult because of works and other stuff etc etc.

Hence ever since then, I told myself that I should exercise 3x a week . If I can do so despite my busy schedule, then I will have sufficient reasons to convince my patients that if I can do so, why not you?

Time and again, I failed.
But today's gonna be different!

I want to practise what I preach from today. So I will make an effort to exercise 3x a week. I know I will feel less tired if I commit to regular exercise routine because my infusion of adrenaline will come back to me again.

Today I went running at the sports complex. As usual, a mp3 playing the nice christian songs that never fail to keep me going while running. I like the feeling of running and listening to heavenly songs. And it has always been the best time to talk to God while running because I need someone to talk or else I will be bored. However I don't have energy to verbalize my conversation because it will then waste away my energy and make running very strenuous. Talking to God at heart is the best. :)

Many decisions made after every run.
Many blockages became unblocked after each heart-to-heart talk.
That's why I will never think exercising is a waste of time.
It's good for health and good for heart - physically and spiritually :)

I hope you can start exercising and enjoy the simple sweet moments with God through it too :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Same for me, it's the best time I have time alone to converse with God. Most of the times were sweet but as usual there were some occasions where it's not.

Sis Shiya