But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

He made the burden light :)

Hello! :) How are you?

This week I am working late shift, ie from 930-7pm. Coincidentally, Linqun is also working the same shift, just that she's in outpatient I'm in inpatient.

As I was walking to mrt from hospital yesterday, this tree caught my attention and I thought - wow, it was quite scary hahaha :)


How have you been? This week has been fine for me, and I really thank God for keeping me safe and at peace. Somehow, He made my burden light. If it's the HC 3 months ago, I am sure I will be darn frustrated with things.

Yesterday, I walked into my ward feeling very "Strange". From the entrance, I could heard someone playing songs very loudly from the laptop. The song that the patient played was also
another thing that surprised me. Not sure if you know it, but he's playing "万君之耶和华" from Stream of Praise. To put it more explicitly, he was basically playing the whole album throughout the day.

To me, I think it's quite exciting cos it's really refreshing that someone is blasting the songs I like early in the morning. But as I saw how the other patients in the same cubicle is reacting silently, I felt a little "oops" kinda thing.

Sorry for the randomness. All in all, I am good :)

Perhaps a little updates from me. I have officially started my work in Khoo Teck Puat Hospital. The wards are very new and beautiful but we are still coping with the "newness" as everything has to start from 0 again.

The population in the north is quite different from what we have in AH last time. The people here are younger and with more acute conditions. I was quite overwhelmed these 2 weeks because I find it quite challenging to manage my patient's medical conditions and their therapies. At the same time, I am excited - because I know God is training me clinically. I am really thankful because things have not been that bad, and I have good people whom I can seek inputs from when I need people to throw me insights as to how to manage my patients.
All in all, I'm very grateful of God's timely providence and grace. Amen :)

Because my shift starts later, I have more time in the morning. I have ample time to quiet down myself before starting my day and I really like it :) And I can stay up late the night before to do and dig whatever I like, how good is that!

I have been eating dinner with lin qun lately. It's weird that I often tell myself that I should not eat dinner because I exercise less lately and my metabolism is slowing down, so I should reduce on my intake. But at the end of the day, when me and Linqun left work, we are incredibly hungry and we often resolved to a big feast for dinner. It has been like that for the entire week and I just had KFC with her how bad is that? Today has been mentally challenging for me actually - cos I encountered things that I haven't come into before and more drug questions are coming from doctors too. I think I'm a lucky girl because I have a chance to deal with these issues and I am starting to like psycho-geriatric wards :D Yea so at the end of the day, I was really really tired and hungry and I need to binge. :D

There's this eating place in yishun which I wanted to tell John and Huijun badly last saturday but I forgot. It is founded by this ex-drug addict and he continues taking in such kind of people to work here. The food is really nice and affordable and the people there are okay too. Yea, it's me and linqun feasting again :D

ACCP conference is starting this friday. It is a 3-day conference so I was quite sian about it hahaha. I am presenting on Sunday 5pm. The slides are done, I hope it's well done though. Wish me luck :)
Some pics here:
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sis.. Since it falls on Sunday which it's important but god still allow, I am sure god abundant grace will be shown:)

Will b waiting to hear from you!!

Shiya

hooi ching said...

hello shiya :)
yea i have already 'accepted' the fate haha.
yeaps hope i meet God on that day again :)

Anonymous said...

oh i tried the 18 chefs! There's a branch at East pt too...we supported the chef cos he is 'reformed' ex...

more importantly, sis, good to know that u r at 'peace' this week :)

when ur spirit is good...u naturally see that everything is beautiful :)

cont to keep ur spirit light & joyful...by remembering God's bright smile everyday!