But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

BOO!

Doing work after work is difficult. Lately, I rarely get to do proper work once I reach home. I am too tired. Have been forcing myself to sleep early so that I can recover faster.

First time falling ill. Really ill kind.
I wonder if I have hospital-acquired pneumonia.

Good thing is, I am getting better now. Because of the medicines :)

It's my final week in inpatient, and I am doing surgical ICU yeah! It's a challenging place I must say. Each patient is so delicately handled by so many professionals and I always wonder if that patient can make it out of the SICU.

Luckily I have Adeline orientating me to SICU. Too many monitors and too many lines poking in and out of each patient. Learning to interpret the numbers and charts are challenging, but I am
quite happy to see all these myself this time round. I have always seen them from the TV, and now I am seeing these in real life, right in front of me! Feeling kinda excited, yet intimidated at the same time. Wish me luck :)

7 patients in SICU. My heart felt for this particular patient. A very unfortunate young gentleman. 29 yo. I have decided. I want to learn to manage this patient (so much to learn from Ad of course)! Gonna make him my case study for presentation. :)

Yet, I am not studying now. Brain is fried I guess. Today has been an intensive day for me. Was doing discharges with kelly, HY, jo and 2 other PTs until 3.15pm. Yet working with them are really enjoyable :) Although we ranted a lot (me too!! :D ), it's just one way of encouraging each other to keep the spirit up, and not to be daunted by the pilling discharges in front of us :) Because there were so many discharges, the fax machine was jammed and the ward supplies because of that. I felt like a phone operator the whole time. It was really very stressful handling phone calls and doing discharges on the computer at the same time. Can you believe it? The s3 phone battery went flat totally for a couple of times! Nonetheless, it was quite fun :D

1-2 weeks back, I had a chance to meet up with my good old friend daniel. Thinking back,
that was the very first time we spent such long hours together. 10 years of friendship yet we rarely had time for each other, because we were always busy at one time or another. Distance is
another problem I guess. Soon he'll be heading back to Aussie for his master, I am so excited for you friend! :) Don't worry about whether this is the right way to go, because wherever you'll be, God's favour is always with you :)

We had a nice dinner at a Spanish restaurant in Clarke Quay. It is really a nice place with good LIVE music. Being a gourmet, daniel really ordered the nicest food I believe :) It was a good night, and I know that it will be another 10 years before we can sit down like this again haha!





















Met up with my TJC schoolmates last friday. Henry is flying back Aussie this friday, can't believe that he has been back for almost 2 months. I only got to meet up with him twice because of my schedule and his missionary trip. HENRY i am sorry :( we will res-
erve the UP to some other time yea? Appreciate him to coordinate the class gathering. It has always been the few of us all these years. My class then wasn't big to start with. only 21 students in the class if I am not wrong. Geraldine, Jan are my good friends in JC last time. Life has been so colourful because of them :) Somehow, I wish I have more time. I guess 3 of us have been too busy as time goes by. A citi gal, a teacher, and a pre-reg pharmacist. It has always been difficult to find a right time to meet up!! After pre-reg, iam so gonna do something about it! >_<















Lastly, let's give thanks for what we have today, and remember Haiti in our prayers.



No comments: