But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Joy "The Sacrifice of Praise"

Have you heard of a song from Hillsongs that sounds like '.. we bring the sacrifice of praise... to the House of the Lord.."

I remember listening to this song 8 years back, is one of the early albums of Hillsongs. And i particularly liked this song then, however, sometimes i would question, what it means by 'sacrifice of praise'.

And tonight i found my answer while reading a book, so i am feeling quite excited about it hee. This books is for young woman like me :) Because it gives you insight of how a young woman could walk with God regardless of situations.

A Happy Heart. In the bible, it says, one of the fruits of the Spirit is... Joy.

When life is good, praise and thanksgiving flow freely from my heart and lips. But when life turns black, praise and thanksgiving don't flow quite so easily.

Instead, if I have to deliberately choose to follow God's advice and 'give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus' (1 Thessalonians 5:18) Although i don't feel like praising the Lord or thankingHim, I do what God says, and that effort makes my praise sacrifice.

At times, when i'd rather bask in self-pity or stay stuck in my depression, choosing to look beyond my pain makes my praise to God sacrificial. When I do lift such a sacrifice of praise to God out of the darkness of my trials, I find the Spirit's joy enlarged in my life .

Just as lifting a diamond to the light against a dark background enhances its brilliance.

No comments: