But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Reflections

Spent the weekend at my sis's place. Realized that i needed a break so much, i needed to stay away from this room and had a retreat somewhere.
Luckily i have a somewhere to go to when i am desperate.

Had a good swim with my sister.
Had a good breakfast at the neighborhood.
Decided to be my sis's house mate's model for Smokey eyes... and this's her masterpiece.


Okay can't really see, but i think she did a good job.

Visited sis meifeng at her place in the afternoon, she just gave birth!
I've always loved her sunshine boy Joshua, he's really adorable.
Now we have Isaac to join the family!
Isaac is so tiny, so so so small!
And Joshua is only 2.5yrs old and he's running everywhere with his cheeky smiles and laughters already! He's still my sunshine boy :) I played rugby with him for awhile, and he laughed so happily! I feel that this boy really yearns to have playmates.. he's so so cute!

Went back to my sis's house after the visit and just when i thought there's nothing that i could do there at night (i really didn't want to study at all for that weekend), jan gave me a call!
They were coming to find me!!! I was so excited you know! Gosh, i've never seen them ever since the NDP fireworks and sometimes i really thought that i've been forgotten. Geraldine is at NIE and Jan is a CITI-gal now. I feel that everyone has left school, they have started pursuing their careers etc... and i'm still here. I was so glad that they came all the way just to see me and gave me a belated birthday celebration. It's not about the celebration, it's really about seeing them, again!

We had supper at the 24 hrs mamak stall near my place and started talking and talking. I realized now we talked about adults stuff, unlike last time in TJC, i always asked whether i should eat the hashbrown from Western or the laksa from the noodle stall. Hee, but this is life isn't it. I am just thankful that our friendship stays strong, despite we don't meet often. :)



Met linda for dinner on sunday, we went to Holland Village! Seriously, i really miss her loads ever since the school started. I don't know why, i guess it's because i wish to know what's happening in her life and if she's coping fine. If she's not, i hope she could let me know at least. She's silly at times. And she knows that i've never failed to amaze her that how much i know about her, her inner thoughts etc. I'll pray for you my dear friend :) You were so pretty that day and i forgot to take a photo with you :(

Monday was another fun day! Church outing at pasir ris park and it was my FIRST time joining a church outing. I was quite excited but the distance really made me sian at times. I still brought myself there, with my sister, and God rewarded me with a day full of laughters and good food and games :) Amen!









This is Caleb :)

It's thursday already. Fast huh? Today the drug quiz was quite bad hee. I've done the best i could but still... You're still in control i know.

Today, i seemed to lose a little of my self-control.
Perhaps it's because things have been emotionally draining for me this couple of weeks and i've lost the patience and the thoughtfulness to others. I know i shouldn't give in to my emotions so easily. Sorry if you feel that i've been too harsh today. I don't know why suddenly there's an urge of frustration and unhappiness within me, and i know that this morning i have specially prayed for a loving heart to others around me, and strength for me to remain calm despite unfavorable circumstances, be it externally or internally.

It's just so bad when you surrender yourself to your emotions.
Emotions lie, and they blind you from many things.
Sigh.

Last but not least ...
Happy birthday my sweet princess, i hope you have a great birthday this year.
I'm glad that you have restored your friendships, and realigned your priorities :)





"But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead.'

2 comments:

Josiah Tay said...

My dear sister,

It is always a great joy to listen to ur sharings. Your sharings are sincere and vivid, i glad i can know you better here and know how to keep u in my prayer. =)
stay strong gal!!! =) like you said,"He knows and he is in control." what a great joy to know that we serve a living God who is mindful of us. =)
'calm sea never make skillful sailor'... God is using everything ard u to shape u into a beautiful ruby =)... i have faith u'll be a blessed pharmacist in the near future =) keep up the good work! =)

Eph 3:20 'now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundanyly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us'

hooi ching said...

hey brother, i'm so glad that you left your footprints here :)

it has been quite some time since we last talked yea? read abt what's going on in ur life too, i know it has been another breakthrough again. Amen? :)

suddenly realised we're totally different in our paths. i'm more gentle, u're more aggressive :P
haha.

love you my dear brother :)