But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Friday, April 17, 2009

Leaving School

Today is the second last day of school. School, a word so dear and familiar to me, yet it's going to leave my life in 2 days, for a long long time to come. I am feeling quite reluctant to leave school already. It felt like it was just yesterday that I moved to KE7 hall and became a freshman. It felt like yesterday that all nightmares, rollercoasters and wonderful times of my life just took place.

I guess this is so human. We looked back at our memories, and we compare how different we have been after all these memories had happened. When I was a little girl, university seemed to be a far-fetched idea. But now, I'm graduating from university already. In addition, I am a pharmacy graduate from a reputable university in Asia. How amazing. I wouldn't think this could happen when I was a little girl many many years ago.

And yea, so I'm graduating soon! Commencement on 9th july. It is a pity that my eldest brother can't get back in time. Sometimes it just feel good to have your loved ones attending the ceremony. But it's okay, I'm sure we will have chances to participate in each other's life events in future. Oh ya, today I went to try out the gown with mindy and hui lin, it was quite funny. We were chatting and playing ard with the gown and the cap thingy. Big headed people!

Today is the last session of Pharmacy Practice 3. It's quite a fun session. In fact, every PP3 session was like a mini-assessment of each of us. From group counseling to medication counseling to retail practice today. Today we played something called "Retail musical chair". There were 35 stations, and in each stations they were a range of products which one will see in any pharmacy out there. In each station, there's also some questions regarding the products on that station, and we're supposed to answer all of them. Negative markings! So yea, each station = 1.5 minutes, and you have to know the products and answers to the questions.

There was a station with a lot of ophthalmic products and you would be asked which product should not be used in closed-angle glaucoma, which can be used in the treatment of sty. One station asked about what's the difference between bonjela gel and oral paste. One asked about what are 2 essential counseling points for patient using Ketotop patch (ketoprofen patch) for the first time. If there's an obese patient who's extremely fearful of painful injections, which insulin syringe should you recommend (Insulin syringes have a wide range, from 29 gauge - 31 gauge. different diameter of needle, different length etc...). To remove warts, callus, corns, which is a RX product and which is an OTC? Can a diabetic patient use these products?

What allergy can happen in patients taking glucosamine?

Which of the health supplement can lower cholesterol and improve cardiovascular status?

Can you use minoxidil (for hair growth) and Nizoral shampoo (antifungal shampoo) at the same time?

There're a lot of questions, useful ones, and relevant ones. But they also killed a lot of us i guess. haha. nevertheless, I enjoyed the session loads :)

After that, we went for a dinner at marche. Our supervisor treated 10 of us for dinner. Had quite a light-heartening chatting session, I couldn't ask for more I guess.

Till then :)

No comments: