But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mixed feelings

Yesterday marked the end of FYP grading. Had my oral defense on tuesday, not too bad, but all could tell that I was nervous. Darn, why weren't I aware that uM is not micromolar scientifically, and there ought to be a space between 2.5 and g/m2. Sigh. So the third examiner sharply pointed these out and I was like... SHOCKED. Didn't expect these to be unacceptable cos I sent my report in these format for multiple times and it wasn't pointed out wrong. Nonetheless, I know it's really my mishap.

The Q&A wasn't too bad, I was defending I know. Hope it can offset the mishap. Was quite relieved when the oral defense ended, I was sweating throughout, so you can imagine how nervous I were.
2nd examiner said it was a good study.
Thank God!

Poster presentation went well too. Here are the photos.


My poster. (The report is better, really.)


10 of us under one supervisor. Guess who is my supervisor?
Well is a he. Yea. so pretty straight forward.


This is Mindy's poster. She is really a good designer:)


The poster winners!
Oh gosh, Dr Georgia Pastorin is stunningly cool!





In fact, sometimes things just turned out to be quite magical. We felt like shit and worked like hell throughout these 8 months, yet all we can see from pictures here are megawatt smiles. So much of unspoken struggles, hidden truths. But one thing for sure, we have grown up, quite a bit at least :)

Somehow, many things are better left unsaid. I guess it's because I'm feeling very unwell, it's UTI. Sigh :( Luckily I managed to dig out co-trimoxazole double strength from my sister's medication box. But only 2 doses left. Guess I need to visit the doctor tomorrow.


Finally gotten a chance to catch up with pc and mindy. It was half a year ago since we went out together. See what FYP had done to ALL of us! Nevertheless, I'm still glad that we have the girlie talks, the gossips and the feast :) They always eat more than me, and I guess the major reason is cos I keep eating the air most of the times.

I was trying very hard to find which was our last photo taken together and it was like 6 months back????
Don't you think we look different?



Got an email from him last night.
I really hope I can don't touch my FYP again. He said Dr Lim and Dr Tao just read my report, and mentioned that if it is to be published in journal(Journal of Oncology Practice) , I'll need to shorten by report by at least 1000 words. I really hope to just focus on my studies from now on and don't touch my report ever again!!!

No comments: