But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thoughts

When I went to China last week, I stayed in a small farm village with my relatives. Long-distance relatives? Not very sure for the past history was very complicated.

Nonetheless, I had a good experience staying with them, and I enjoyed every moment and simplicity presented right in front of me.

The people there are poor, but they never feel lacking of anything. They don't lack of money, because they can survive every day through everything that is available to them. If they need to cook, they will get the fresh vegetables and potatoes from their own farm; they don't lead luxurious life like us... they don't need nice clothes, nice watches, nice hair etc etc...


The farms




This is where the water comes from... Underground water is so refreshing :)

I have much reflections then and now, but they are all beyond words can tell..

The basic of life. Live everyday one day at a time, and being contented with what you have and not thinking about what you don't have.

On a side note, I got bitten by sand fly and and I think it's quite bad :( They are very itchy and swollen and doctor said I have to be on medication for 20 days. Luckily it's oral medication, John was saying he needed to take 2 jabs when he got them last time in army. Thank God!

Tommorow is my first day of work.

Just now I had a heated argument with him and I felt so hurtful for what he said and I told myself not to shed a tear in front of him. Why is my existence in this world such an undesirable thing to him? How can I not feel this way when I was treated like this from young till this very day?

Is my birth into this world so annoying to you? Why why why??

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having prob wif your family? anyway..i do get your part abt simplicity of life..but i think wat is impt is really a person's mindset towards life..n it really depends on how u see the story,not satisfied wif life is sometimes good,coz is a source of motivation..