But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today is my 3rd day of work. Yes, hc has officially joined the working adults world. I am feeling quite sad and reluctant about it. Nonetheless, I know that with the beginning of this new phase, God will continue to show me His perfect will in this new journey.

Waking up is a torture so far. Although the official working hour is from 9-5.30pm, but I usually have to reach by 7.30 for clinical forum, 8am for CE ( a form of discussion/ lectures involving pharmacists and technicians). The greatest consolation is that, I am not the only who has to wake up so early. The whole pharmacy dept is there despite it is so early. I really benefit from the clinical forums - this is a session whereby the more senior doctors will share some information about practising etc etc.

I think I am in the right hospital. I remember how in the other hospital, I used to be struggling very hard to gain as much clinical knowledge.. because the culture was such that the more knowledgeable people = the more competent people.

I like AH for its culture.
Patient at the heart of focus.
I see how everything every dept does is to bring better quality of care to the patients coming to this hospital. And I am truly glad that I'm here because it's this passion that will make me stay happy in this profession. So yea, if you ask me how different AH is from the other hospital I did my attachment at - it's the focus of the hospital I guess and the culture. I think these combination suits me better :)

It's a tough fight I have to say, but I know every pre-regers are going through this together too.

Anyway, I need to find time to read Toyota Production System hee!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha,i think i m luckier coz my ce/clinical discussion is usu in afternoons..n i knew u will like AH after what qun told me abt AH n from what i c there

hooi ching said...

eh after meeting you in the afternoon and talking to you, i don't know what else to reply here cos it seems like we have said it all -_-

anyways, i wanna love AH more and more! and i want to love Antibiotics even more cos it's so darn impt to me at this moment -_-