But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Uphold me to the End

Was just recollecting my thoughts awhile ago. This week had been busy, and the coming week is gonna be the same too. After soccer will be Touch Rugby. One more week, then i can take a long break from sports. My eyes were a little troubled after the many trainings and the matches. Blurring of visions now and then. And suddenly i was being reminded of the health status of my eyes. Have you ever felt proud of your eyes before? I do. Not because my eyes are beautiful, but it's because these eyes always convey my emotions and thoughts very well. These eyes gave me signals every now and then, telling me lots and lots of stuff. And these eyes have shed a lot of tears too..

You know, sometimes, our tears often blur our sight and prevent us from seeing clearly. Today, as i was putting the warm towel on my eyes and put them to rest for an hour, then i began thinking.. all this while, when my visions were blurred and i couldn't see things clearly, who is the one who cares enough to love me in my pain and walk with me in my struggles. It's You. When i was being scolded for being weak, You told me that I'm strong in Your eyes, and my greatest strength is often shown in my ability to stand still and trust You. One day, if these eyes are no longer functional, i know that I'll still be okay, because You will give me sufficient grace to guide me through.

It's all about You.
And all this is for You.
It's not about me.
As if You should do things my way.
You alone are God
And i surrender to Your ways.

No comments: