But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Friday, December 25, 2009

Updates :)

A little updates on what I'm doing these days.

I am in surgical wards these days. These wards mainly look after patients undergoing surgeries. To be honest, I have never seen so many gory images until these weeks. I have seen how blood oozing profusely out of the wound sites, pus, stoma etc... Because in this particular ward, you will come across many amputations. Many gangrenous foot - mainly diabetic foot, which have progressed until the point of no return and the only way to save the patient is to cut away the limb. So you have any friends/ family members who are diabetics, please ask them to be obedient to their medicines and diet - for the complications diabetes can bring are too much - it's beyond what a family can bear at times. If you have foot ulcer - seek treatment immediately, because if you don't, bacteria will colonize and as time goes by, you can no longer retain that part of your body.

Yea, so the most common things I came across lately will be diabetic foot, amputations, fractures, and many more. I must say, learning curve is steep, yet I am loving it because things are starting to piece together and I have many people who are willing to teach me :)

Another big blessing that God has bestowed upon me lately is Mayi - she has officially joined me in this project and having someone to share the load really make things so much more breathable. Really hope that this project will work out well - and I know it will. Mayi, if you're reading this, I just want to say thank you for being my partner and doing this together with me. :)

Me and my siblings went for a fabulous dinner last wednesday. There's this Japanese BBQ restaurant in CHIJMES - Gyu-Kaku! It's really nice. It is quite expensive but the food is really good - we ordered the beef that's imported from Japan instead of Australia and it's AWESOME!! Love the mushroom, the meat, the vege, the kimchi soup, the beer and the wine! Beef with wine is perfect combination I must say :) Although I was a little giddy after 2 glasses of red wine and some beer, I really enjoyed my night with my siblings. My brother got me a GUCCI RUSH perfume - aren't you surprised? :) My sister got me a hair clip and a tumbler because she sees me binging on caffeine and I lost one sometime this year. How thoughtful! :)













No comments: