But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Life

What is your life?

The bible offers 3 metaphors that teach us God's view of life:

Life is a test
Life is a trust
Life is a temporary assignment

We are always being tested. Character is both developed and revealed by tests, and all of life is a test. Some of the tests are overwhelming, at least i am overwhelmed. I have been telling myself that God's grace is just enough, He will not allow me to be tested beyond my power to remain firm, and He will give me enough strength to endure it when i am tested. Perhaps i am religious to many people, but my life is incomplete without God, and i am not afraid to admit that i am weak and i need Him.

Jesus said, " From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Life is a test and a trust, the more God gives you, the more responsible He expects you to be.

Have you ever wondered what has happened to you lately that you now realize was a test from God? I feel that i am going through many tests and trials lately. Sometimes i really feel like giving up. But every night i go to bed telling myself to give up, i wake up the next morning finding myself in renewed strength to endure and hang on there.

Sometimes i really hope to see how many marks will God give me for the tests that i am going through. Sometimes i really want to see Him face to face and ask Him to bring me home.

No comments: