But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Adelaide - 19/5/2009

Today is my 2nd day in Adelaide. It is a charming city with many Al Fresco restaurants, cottage-like houses, and not forgetting, the slower pace of life. Personally, I’m very fond of Adelaide for its serenity and the rich heritage as can be seen from the buildings. The people here thrive on a high-standard of living, sandy beaches, lush parklands, fantastic cafes and restaurants, and laid-back atmosphere that makes it seem more like a large country town than a city.

The most common religion here is Christianity and I’ve already seen many churches throughout my stay here. Many churches retained the fine stone characteristic from the early day of settlement, while many Lutheran Churches on Adelaide Hills still kept the architectural styles that reflect the German culture of the first settlers.

All in all, I’m fascinated by the buildings, the heritage, and God.

During my visit to Adelaide Hill today, I was very excited when I saw the Lutheran church. It was as if I saw glimpse of light in the tunnel, for I am walking on a long tunnel and ‘keep walking’ is my only goal at this point of time. Perhaps it’s because I was praying hardly the whole day for just one thing He would like me to remember regardless of the prevailing conditions AND then I saw this --
‘Clouds of testings can bring showers of blessing’
Right outside the historical church.

And I quiet myself for a few seconds before the cross, and I told myself – Yea, I know this all along, and I know it’s true for I have had so many stories with God that always point to this very fact that God has never wasted a single second of my life, even at times of difficulties.

Suddenly, the cloud of testing right now does not seem that bad.... for I know the blessing that is waiting for me at the end of the tunnel is definitely 7x better than how I used to be.
No more fear, for God’s love drives out all fear...


*********************************************************************************
Some snapshots of Adelaide:




Al Fresco Lasagne


Central Market







Adelaide hill




Doesn't this seem like a fairy tale?

No comments: