But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Labour Day

The past tradition of my church was to do clean-up on this very day. This year, we did something different though. We had an outing at ECP. Sadly, I didn’t go for the outing because firstly, it’s exam period and I really have a lot of reading to complete for my Pharmacotherapy III paper because I haven’t touched them at all. Secondly, it’s at ECP, the distance is madness! So it’s the synergistic combination of these factors made me unable to enjoy my labour day much

Went to Holland village to study with Linda. I only managed to study the whole chapter of pain management in the 5 hours. The study materials this semester for PT is madness. Once chapter has 100 plus slides (and the lecturers breeze through in 2 hours!), to digest the sheer amount of information is really difficult, not to say memorizing them. The breakdown of PT III this semester is as such:

  • Epilepsy
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Schizophrenia
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depression
  • Nutrition Support - 4 lectures - Enteral, Parenteral, Cancer
  • Clinical Approaches in Cancer
  • CINV - chemotherapy-induced Nausea and Vomiting
  • Anticancer agents
  • Pain Management
  • Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Acute renal failure; Hemodialysis and Complications


I really need to study harder. But the brain is just so occupied with so many other stuff. Sigh.

Miao miao, thanks for the email :)

Sophia is finally going back to US. I am glad that she has put on 3 kg during these 6 months of stay here. Diagnosed with eating disorder is really torturous for her and her family, and I know how much struggles and prayers she have to go through to become who she is today. I’m so eager to hear her last sharing tomorrow!!! She will be leaving Singapore tomorrow night. I really love her cookings and cakes! She is a great home-maker!!! She bakes really well, you name it, she’ll make it and maybe you'll get an improvised and improved version of the original! Such a blessing to have her around for 6 months. I really hope she enjoys our company too.

We had dinner at Ma Maison last night. Had always wanted to visit this restaurant because of the unique feeling radiated from it. French food with a japanese twist is served here AND the queue is forever that long! Haha, no reservation allowed! So you can imagine how good it is. The chef and some of the wait-staff are japanese.

The thing i love about ma maison is its charming english cottage theme. The floor, tables and chairs are all wooden. ornaments, old clocks and posters can be found on the walls. windows are fringed with curtains. you can even see racks on which plates and crockery are arranged neatly. With dim lighting in the form of candles and vintage table lamps, the restaurant feels extremely homely, perhaps even romantic.

Ma Maison. I love the ambiance :)

Garlic Butter Escargot. Shiya's favorite -- It's really nice :)

Sophia. She's the most ang-moh korean I've ever met! She talks very well, write fabulously well too. She was offered a placement in a very reputable school of journalism 2 years ago, when the illness inflicted her. I really hope that God will give us a miracle this June because she's waiting for the results of college re-applications ( she couldn't enter college 2 years back because of her condition ). Look! She has gained some weight and her hair is growing!

Sophia and Hui Jun

I ordered this, quite delicious but I forgot what's the name already .. I think it's Beef Stroganov Rice.

Mei Er ordered this, Italian cheese hamburg (?). Next time I'll try this.

This picture was taken with flash due to the dim background, but I think the first one is nicer :)

We went on and had our desserts at MOF! haha such a coincidence, all jap last night! And of worth mentioning is what Mei Er ordered:

Matcha Latte?





3 comments:

Unknown said...

haha..so you were in sg for the past few days..anyway,since when is therapy a light module de, for me, what i don't like abt PTIII are the topics, i think i really not suited to be a psychiatry or onco pharmacist (i only like CKD/AKD and nutrition)..anyway,the restaurant attracted me!!coz it looks exotic enough,haha, mayb we can go one day..(i love exotic places)..n i realise i m skimming the notes rather than remembering them..very bad..haiz

hooi ching said...

haha... i didn't say it is a light module, it's a darn heavy module!! I'm just skimming through too because too much to memorize anyways, and my parents are here over the weekend so you can guess my progress too :)

yea let's go to ma maison k? it's really a nice place, the food is great too haha! let's meet up before we all leave for holidays, if possible :D

Unknown said...

haha..i think not very possible alr to meet before we fly off..n i realise i more busy after exams than during exams..i spend the whole of today's afternoon consolidating all the doc i need for my tw trip..

we go ma maison for our next outing ba..i saw it at bugis today..n since u nt coming back sg so soon after aust..mayb we meet juz starting into pre-reg,hopefully not so busy..