But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gold Coast

Hey all! Tonight is my last night in Gold Coast and I'll be in Adelaide tomorrow! Gold coast is very sunny in the day and very cold at night! It feels as if you get the taste of both the extremes in the same place. With the limited time here, the places I went weren't many but I enjoyed myself because God says I should enjoy myself no matter what! haha. Let me recall... oh yes, this is where I stay in Gold coast - the Coolangatta YHA! Quite a cool place, I watched American football with some uncles here at the common room (sorry, touch rugby gene seems to get into me somehow sometime ago!) and it was quite fun! And going online in aussie is quite expensive! 4 bucks for 1 hr - so I spent quite a lot on internet too, but I guess it's necessary because I need it of course :)


Guess you might have already known what Gold Coast is popular for - the theme parks and the beaches!
Yeaps, so first, the theme parks -- VERY EXPENSIVE! I spent 100+ just to get the tickets to the Seaworld and the Movieworld. Could have gone to dreamworld as well but I was thinking... hm.. maybe I can try alternatives like immersing myself elsewhere. So I went to Seaworld first. Got there by bus. It's very convenient to travel to any of the theme parks in Gold coast, because bus runs along the Gold coast Highway and the beach is on one side, and the inner lands will be the theme parks and stuff. In fact, I enjoyed the bus journey much because it gave me a chance to look into the place, the shops, the people etc etc... You might have already known me, I like to see culture. So knowing where the people go, what kinda shops are there along the streets etc, the roads, the buildings, the looks of the transportation -- all intrigue me! So yeap, I think I'm quite a good tourist I guess?

Haha.
Okay, back to seaworld. It took 1.5hrs to reach there by bus, because of the distance and the speed the drivers go too. Took 2 transfers in between so it's quite tiring too, but it's okay! I have one comment after going all the theme parks - and that is the entertainment values of these theme parks are high and they are very interactive, engaging the audiences all the time. Oh one more, theme parks have a lot of kids and families, it feels as if you're a kid too cos you're doing all sorts of things with them... reminiscence of childhood? Haha, i don't have them in my childhood though, so I felt like a kid all over again!









I'm touching a starfish hee :)


Have you ever seen a penguin swimming? :)


Did you see the pirate ship at the back? :)
'
Yea, I've been to SEAWORLD!

I think I like Movie World best! It's really quite cool I would say. The Warners Bros etc... it has all the famous and popular characters like the Batman, Superman, Scooby Doos, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Shrek!, the Looney Tunes and many many more! I think I quite like the Marilyn show, it’s quite real! Let’s see!:)





The Shrek 4D show was fantastic too! If you ask me where you must go in Gold coast I’ll strongly recommend MovieWorld! What’s best is the Warner Bros. parade at 3.30pm daily and you have a chance to see all the Movie World characters going on parade and even shake hands with you! Oh yes, there’s Catwoman too! I just think that the visit to the Movieworld was really worthwhile and enjoyable J You can even see Marilyn – the Hollywood legend, sing a few of her classic hits!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Marilyn
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


Besides, I did visit theWildlife sanctuary in Gold Coast too! Can’t leave OZ without seeing enough of koalas, kangaroos, and Tasmania Devils! In fact, OZ is too big a country and you’ll be fascinated by the variety of wildlife you can see here!

Of worth mentioning is the Hinterland! Yeap, Hinterland is at the northern part of Gold Coast, about 30 mins drive away from Coolongatta. To be more specific, I actually went up Mount Tamborine of Hinterland and the sceneries along the way were very rewarding and beautiful. Abundant wineyard too... I think Oz is one of the great places where you can find many many many wineyard am I right?

Top of Mount Tamborine

There’s this very special place on Tamborine Mountain and it is called the Glow-Worm Caves. Yeaps, glow-worms! Believe me, this is the only place on earth where you can see 30,000 glow-worms in the day! I was so astounded when I entered the cave and it was also first time in my life that I get to see thousands of glow-worms and they are like stars, very very nice and it makes the drive up the mountain very satisfactory!

The Glow-worm cave

‘I wish I was a glow-worm, a glow-worm’s never glum – cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum!’

- From the Glow-worm cave

No comments: