But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thoughts

Entering my 2nd week in Australia... somehow, tonight is not as cold as the past few nights and I guess that’s why I am more awake and energized after a whole day of adventures again. :)

Honestly, the past 7 days have been challenging for me and I know that if not for the prayers and intercession, they could be worse. Nonetheless, I know that this path is right, for I’ll not be where I am if it’s not. All I need is just faith.

Today I felt better. I feel that today is a different day, a step closer to the endpoint where I really should be. Wonder if you’ve ever questioned yourself on what basis you can believe on something that cannot be seen, barely can hear of? I question myself many times, how can I know for sure that what I believe in is right, and true, and that I can hold onto strongly and make them the skeleton of my conduct and daily living.

Wonder if the God you call is even GOD to start with?

Come and think of it, I did that many times.

And today I still chose to believe. Sometimes maybe the thing that you have to do first, before knowing all these things are true, is to believe. That’s the pathway of faith isn’t it? Because you believe what’s written in the bible is true and truly God’s words, you take the courage and embrace them, act on them. Because you want to test try if these are true, you take your chance, but often, you got the reassurance, time after time.

Men think too much. Me too. Sometimes simplicity is the best. Hear them, believe in them, and hope in them.

I know God never fails. He used 2 years just to prove that to me just to get my reassurance. I really hate myself for forgetting it and am affected by the forever-changing circumstances of my life. Today as I wrote this down here, it’s to remind myself not to be deceived again.

I need to be more courageous!

21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment,
do not let them out of your sight;

22 they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.

23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble;

24 when you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,

26 for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being snared
.

No comments: