But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this
all-surpassing power is from God and
not from us. (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Thursday, May 28, 2009

While I'm Waiting

by John Waller


I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

This song is played in the movie 'Fireproof' and if you haven't watched this movie and would like to, please let me know because I got this dvd - one of the most fabulous dvd I've ever had.

I've been led by this motto lately -
'If you suffer from doing the wrong thing, and you suffer from doing the right thing ;
Isn't it better to suffer from doing the right thing despite the pain?
Because the right fruit and spirit surely follow you if you choose to do the right thing, for God is faithful and He knows how hard it is for you to do the right thing. The important thing is, when you suffer, do you CHOOSE the right path?

Just like a smoker wanting to quit smoking.
If you choose cold turkey, ie totally refrain from lighting up a cigarette by your willpower, do you have any idea how hard it is for the smoker?

When the withdrawal symptoms come - is it not more easy to light up the cigarette to soak yourself in the tobacco? But you know that this is not right - for it leads to the failure of your quitting program and you have to cope with the emotions of 'why can't I resist at that defining moment and let loose my guard.' And you'll feel sorry for those people who are supporting you through this quitting journey.

But if you choose to persevere. and endure... one day, two days, three days... finally, you're over it. Yes, it's awful... but in the end, you get the right result from choosing the right path at the defining moment.

Both ways are painful and torturous to a smoker choosing to bid farewell to cigarettes... but depending on the option you take, the consequences and the emotional experience are different.

Is it not better to suffer from doing the right thing?

When you know you've done the right thing, resisted the temptation, made the right decision despite the pain... though you may not see the good things now, but I believe God honours and loves and is touched by you for having the heart to do the very thing you did, because He knows how hard it is for you.

There's always hope in Lord.

Again... I am writing this to remind myself not to be deceived by the seemingly bad emotions gripping me right now.

If you're experiencing some difficult times too, I would like to invite you to join me to wait upon our Lord. Let's not wait for the immediate removal of problems, but for the joy, peace and hope that He'll restore in us one day, when the time is ripe.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven

Isaiah 40:28-31 (NIV)
28 Do you not know?Have you not heard?The LORD is the everlasting God,the Creator of the ends of the earth.He will not grow tired or weary,and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the wearyand increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORDwill renew their strength.They will soar on wings like eagles;they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.

Psalm 27:14 (NIV)
Wait for the LORD;be strong and take heartand wait for the LORD.



No comments: